Friday, November 28, 2014

Black Friday

Last night, I had my first experience with Black Friday shopping. Now I've gone shopping on Black Friday before, but never at the peak times of crowds and in search of that amazing deal. In my mind, no deal is worth risking getting trampled. But Husband's little sister works at Macy's and needed us to bring her caffeine around 10pm. So we went to Macy's and it actually wasn't very crowded at all. Some areas of the store were busier than others, but it was not at all as bad as I had expected. Then we decided to go on an adventure afterwards and go to Walmart. That was a bit crazier, but still not what I was bracing myself for. The electronics section was easily the busiest part of the store. We did actually get a great deal on a game Husband wanted, so I suppose it was worth it. I still can't say that it's going to become a new tradition. It was pretty amusing to see the insanely full carts people were toting around. I think the grand total for the person in front of us in the checkout was around $700. Yikes. I can't imagine spending that much in one sitting. But then again, she's probably completely done with her Christmas shopping now. Me? I've barely started. And I'm having troubles this year!! I have no idea what to get most people. And I know it's going to be Christmas before I can blink. I also have no good ideas of what to tell people I want. My copout answer is something baby related, but we don't know if it's a boy or girl yet. We might be able to find out right before Christmas, maybe. It all depends on what the doctor says at my appointment week after next. I can't believe it's already been another month. This pregnancy is already going so fast. And yet I still don't really look pregnant and it's making me nuts. I just look chunky and I have no idea how to dress this. I have maternity clothes, but they don't exactly look that great at this stage. Sigh...

And a slightly strange phenomenon I've noticed lately: people are starting to call me things like little mama and mom. I can't decide if it's cute or weird.