Friday, April 24, 2015

Rant

Alright, there's something that I've got to say. I am so sick of those who have kids complaining about their kids. Now I know that not every parent does this, but those that do, SHUT UP. Look around you. Realize that maybe there are those close to you who would give anything to have what you do. Don't whine that you can't go see the movies you want to. Don't tell me you really really want a little girl while ignoring your beautiful boy, or vice versa. Don't tell me you're so sick of being pregnant, or whine that you feel like a whale. You know what?? I would have died to be in your situations. And I am not lying or exaggerating. The physical risks to me were very real, but I didn't care if I could just get our sweet Peach here. And that still didn't happen. I have a pile of unused baby clothes in a closet that I can hardly look at without getting teary, but oh I'm so sorry your child is keeping you from going out with friends. SHOVE IT, AND JUST BE GRATEFUL YOU HAVE THE BLESSING OF CHILDREN. It is so incredibly insulting and offensive to listen to you gripe about the one thing I want more than anything in the world and was denied. You have absolutely no sympathy from me.

I don't know why we as humans seem to have this fascination with and desire to only focus on the negative. But it is incredibly tiring. I know I'm guilty of this myself from time to time, but it doesn't change the fact that it's very draining. Instead of complaining about entirely first world problems, stop and look around and see the good things you do have. I know it's cliché, but for real, there are people out there who would give anything to have what you take for granted. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to go snap some pencils.