Monday, February 8, 2016

Owner of a Lonely Heart

I thought that maybe if I just pulled up an open post and started typing, I'd come up with something worth posting. January is an ugly month, if you ask me. People start the month with great ideas and goals, only to end up falling short a good chunk of the time. I do realize this isn't the case with everyone, but around mid-January, you can see enthusiasm waning. Not to mention the snow now becomes an ugly snow. It's not the pretty pure white that falls around Christmas. The snow on the ground is now old and dirty. Plus there's just something about the first month of the year that seems to make it drag. It's as if the world is struggling to gain the momentum it needs for the rest of the year.

So I'm glad it's February. Psychologically, February feels better-at least it does to me. Plus it's my birthday month. I guess the roundabout point of those musings was to say that January was uneventful for me. Yikes, I feel like I'm rambling....Oh, here came an idea!

This past weekend Husband and I went to the ice castles in Midway with a friend of his and a date. The ice castles are somewhere I've been curious about ever since I first heard about/saw pictures of them. I don't know how they do it, but it's a winter only attraction. It's also where the Piano Guys shot their Let It Go video.
(While I don't love Frozen as much as everyone else seems to, I do think it's a cute movie. And how amazing are these guys?! I love them.)

Anywho, I was under the impression that they were completely enclosed. In reality, it's more like a series of little tunnels you can walk/crawl through made of ice. There were tons of kids running around having a grand old time. It was a fun experience, but I don't know if I'd make it a tradition-maybe after we have kids of our own. I also feel like a weirdo saying it was cool, because, well....ice. But it was good to get out of the house and into nature in a unique way.